Tuesday, September 25, 2018

10 Good Things Right Now



It's been a week of trials here, in various forms and with the worst taking up the whole weekend. The result is the beginning of this new week is being met with tiredness and the hope that it'll be smoother. It's been a long time since I've written one of these blog posts, and I thought now might be a perfect time to list 10 good things right now.





1. The clouds clearing as there is a mountain of washing to catch up on.

2. Spring - whilst there's still a definite chill in the air, the days are getting slowly warmer and that is most obvious in the garden. The growth rates have suddenly accelerated and lots of things are germinating.

3. Being able to harvest some food from my own garden again - albeit a tiny, tiny portion. I'm content with lettuce, herbs & radish at this stage, with the promise of more homegrown vegetables in the coming months.

4. Photos already captured, so that I have some to share in this post.

5. Rain for most of the day yesterday saving my thirsty seedlings from curling up their toes, as I haven't had a chance to look at the garden over the weekend.




6. Knitting. The first I've done in days. Turns out I'm not the kind of knitter that finds comfort in my knitting no matter what; I need a small sense of peace to be able to pick up my needles.

7. Crazy border collies to keep me on my toes and make me pause. I have to walk them if I want to retain any sanity, and once I'm out in the fresh air with sheep and cattle to admire in the paddocks I walk past I'm happy. Lots of trees are beginning to flower, too, and some of them have the most delicious perfume; something you only notice on foot rather than when you're driving past.

8. Homemade meals in the freezer. They're a lifesaver in weeks like these.

9. As unsettling as the last few days have been, today is better and I even have the time to write this

10. My weekly crafty catch-up to look forward to, it's definitely a shining light this week


What are some good things happening in your world right now? I find it good to list them, no matter how small they are (as it's the small things that add up to make the big picture). Share a couple or share 10 in the comments below.

Subscribe to receive posts via email and never miss out again

4 comments

  1. I hope that your week keeps on getting better, Sarah, and that next weekend will be a gentle and relaxing one for you. Around here, there are lots of little things I am really feeling grateful for right now. School holiday days, the rain we had yesterday, the cucumber seedlings growing themselves taller and the lovely old Labrador who snores and snorts and spins himself in knots when it's walk time. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg! It's a long weekend here so I'm looking forward to getting some knitting done :-) That's wonderful that you've had some rain! The garden always benefits from it so much more than just watering, I think. Your Lab sounds like my chocolate BC, they get so excited for their walks, don't they! x

      Delete
  2. Do hope your week improves, Sarah. Your crafty catch-up will help enormously I’m sure - nothing better than stitching/yarn-ing with friends. Sunshine, a new quilt started, knitted blanket, hand made gifts well received, seedlings growing well and best of all, my Mum staying with us. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meredithe! Crafty catch-ups are the best, aren't they? It's nice to have a little patch of knitting and chatting and not worrying about anything!
      Enjoy your time with your mum! x

      Delete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall