Thursday, August 18, 2016

Knit It | Little Picnic Owl {new pattern}


Back at the beginning of winter, when I was wondering just what to cast on next, I realized it was time to create a new toy pattern. I wanted this next pattern to be sweet and quirky, and incorporate fabric as most of my other toy patterns do (because I think that just adds a modern touch, don't you?). It had to be something that was quick to knit, and fitted into the palm of your hand.

Little Picnic Owl was the answer, and I'm so happy to finally be sharing him with you. Now, you could read all of his details on his shop listing, or you can read on further (and see more adorable images!)


Like all of my patterns, Owl is knitted flat on two straight needles and I've written the pattern for DK (8ply) yarn. But, being a toy, you can of course use any weight yarn you like, your owl will just finish a different size.
He uses only 24g of DK yarn all up - a wonderful little stash buster! Knit him for a quick last minute gift for baby's nursery, child or even to adorn the office shelf. Or keep him for yourself...

This pattern I've classed as intermediate skill level, as the head is worked solely from a chart. It's a very simple chart though, so if you've never knitted from one before don't be frightened. It's super easy - I hate complicated knitting patterns too :-) 
The body is knitted from written instructions and I've also included the templates for the wings and tummy patch, and sewing instructions for giving your owl a professional finish.

All of this comes in a PDF that's available for instant download after purchase, in either my blog shop or on Ravelry.


What do you think of Little Picnic Owl?
Happy knitting!

Sarah x

Joining Yarn Along

Subscribe via email and never miss a post again

8 comments

  1. Little Picnic Owl is so cute I could eat her all up! well done Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Little Picnic Owl - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoooo's adorable? Little Picnic Owl, that's who!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! Your comment made me smile x

      Delete
  4. The owl is adorable. And I do love the fabric you've chosen.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall