Monday, December 10, 2018

Here & Now | December 2018 Link-Up



Well, here we are - the last 'Here & Now' post for the year. On one hand, I feel as though the year has flown by, and on the other, I feel like it's been sooo slow. Such a lot has happened over these last 12 months that sometimes if I stop and think about it I feel a little breathless (figuratively, that is).

The last of the spring blooms are still clinging around, although the sweetpeas have mostly stopped flowering and the majority of the cornflowers have bloomed now, too. The last of the carrots have been harvested, the cucumber picking is becoming more frequent and the zucchinis, tomatoes and capsicums are beginning to flower.







Loving // The sunshine and warm weather 

Eating // Summer salad plates, homemade chicken bone broth soup (I eat soup year round, no matter the weather!) and the most delicious chocolate cookies (I'll have to type up the recipe!). 

Drinking // Homemade banana smoothies

Feeling // Ready to wind down into the end of the year and welcome 2019

Making // I'm knitting solely on my beetroot summer top at the moment, although progress is slow as I'm not finding/making a lot of time to knit at the moment. Each day seems to be quite full of things that need to get done before Christmas.

Thinking // About A Crafternoon Tea Party on Saturday. I'm excited about it and really looking forward to it, I think it's going to to be a fun afternoon

Dreaming // Of the time between Christmas and New Year...I'm having 2 weeks off and I plan to mostly just knit, read and take Bambi for walks.


What to record your Here & Now? Just copy this list onto your blog, fill it in and link back here. Pop the link to your blog post in below, and you're done!



Subscribe to receive posts via email and never miss out again

3 comments

  1. Looking lovely, as always, Sarah. In curiosity, do you have any trouble with your straw mulch blowing around? Especially the raised beds? I have always used it on my (in ground) gardens but am a little worried about doing the same in our raised planters (it gets rather gusty in the garden).

    I should have messaged you sooner, but am often slow to catch up blog reading these days (time poor...) and I only just read of Rilla's passing. I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and Bambi must both be missing Rilla's company terribly. :( My heart hurts for you just thinking about it. Big virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,

      Thank you so much for your heartfelt message! Losing Rilla was very hard, I still forget she isn't here some days even though it's been almost 2 months. Bambi is even more spoilt now :-)

      I haven't had trouble with the mulch. It's organic sugar cane mulch and although very lightweight and short, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. And we get hit with very strong winds, straight from the coast, as we're right on top of a hill with no shelter, so it should stay put in your garden, too! :-)

      Delete
    2. Give Bambi a little extra snuggle for me. :)

      Delete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall