Friday, August 10, 2018

Here & Now | August 2018 Link Up


It's Here & Now time again! I'm feeling pretty pleased that I remembered to get my post up on the 10th for the first time in several months - things are looking up!
I love reading your Here & Now posts so please join in!




Loving // Checking the garden each morning to see if anything new has sprouted. My sweet peas have their first true leaves and the broad beans have put in an appearance.

Eating // Delicious dark, rich chocolate bean brownies. Made with actual beans! You'd never guess. (The recipe is in Petite Kitchen)

Drinking // Tea!

Feeling // Excited, and a tad nervous, about a new project I've just launched. It's called Yarnologie and is a digital magazine. (More about that here & here).

Making // A rainbow coloured Darling Dots beanie - I'm knitting the rib band at the moment but will get to add the first colours soon. I knitted a swatch first to make sure that the colours I'd chosen work together, and now I'm excited to get it knitted into a beanie. I'm using Nettle Sock yarn for this project.

Thinking // How crazy August can be...one moment its warm days and the next there's frost on everything and a low temperature all day.

Dreaming // Of a kitchen that stays tidy for a whole day...I might be dreaming about that one for a while!


What to record your Here & Now? Just copy this list onto your blog, fill it in and link back here. Pop the link to your blog post in below, and you're done!



Subscribe to receive posts via email and never miss out again

4 comments

  1. Hey Sarah,
    The beanie colour combo looks great. Look forward to seeing the finished product. I do love to live vicariously through your knitting.
    Congrats on the knitting mag - what an exciting project. I hope it goes well.
    CHeers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      Thank you so much!! It's a lot of fun knitting with such pretty colours :-)
      Have a lovely week,
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Brrr... it's been frosty up your way! How lovely to see the first signs of green shoots. Love your dot knitting - more than one colour sets me into a frenzy. I just can't get the tension right. Off to check out Yarnologie - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very cold with howling winds.
      Thank you RE my knitting! I love knitting fair isle - and although my beanie has more than 2 colours in it, there's no more than two colours per row :-)

      Delete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall