Monday, September 25, 2017

Lately | Spring



The first month of Spring has been very unusual here this year. Usually, September is a month I have trouble not hating because in years gone by it's been very hot, and is always a shock coming out of winter. One year it was so hot that the cattle troughs warped in the heat. (They were those round green ones made of durable plastic).
This month, however, has been a gentle transition from cold winter air into something milder. The mornings are still lovely and cold, and as the day gets going the coldness very slowly melts away into a lovely warm afternoon that just makes you want to be outside. As the sun disappears the cold air descends again, although we haven't needed to light the fire at night for about a week now.
It's gorgeous weather, and with a gentler start to the Spring season more in line with what is typically expected, I'm hoping it means the rest of the weather coming into summer will be more normal, which means rain.

I realise things have been a little bit quiet here this past week, as I've been busy doing other things. Keeping on top of the housework as the surrounds continue to dry out and create more dust is always an ongoing thing, and I've also been busy with my shop.
Last week I created some goodie boxes which was heaps of fun, and I also translated my jotted done notes of my Bunny's Veggie Garden into a legible PDF and published the pattern. (You'll find it in my shop and on Ravelry if you'd like to knit one!).
The camera and my favourite lens also returned from repairs last week, and I only decided I'd better have a go with them yesterday. I've missed my 50mm f/1.4 lens so much. I love the clarity of the images I take with it and the fun I can have with such a wide aperture. The camera itself is brand new, as it turned out to be more economical to replace the 550D rather than repair it, due to it being so young and obviously flawed. I'm always nervous around new cameras and computers and things like that, but after snapping a few photos with the camera (which is a 650D) yesterday I think I might quite like it.




I'm still trying to commit to my spinning challenge, although I've changed it a little as I've gone along. I originally committed to spinning for 2 hours a day for 100 days, and for the first little bit, I somehow managed to get 2 hours in a day. But it turns out I actually physically can't spin for that long a day, consecutively. My shoulders start getting tight and also the leg that I peddle with was getting a little stiff feeling. So I've changed my goal to just spinning every day for 100 days, for a decent length of time (which I deem to be between 30 and 60 minutes). That's still a feat in itself some days, and I must be honest with you and let you know that I haven't managed it every single day.
But, even without quite reaching my goal, I must say that I am enjoying the spinning now and aren't having the same troubles that I was having before. I've started to peddle with my other leg as well so that I can use both intermittently, and as I've not been spinning for very long it only took a moment for me to get the hang of it with my left foot. I've not too stuck in my ways yet!


How about you - what's been happening in your world lately? I love hearing from you so do leave a comment below!
I've got a little blog thing planned to share with you at the end of this month I am very excited about it! I'm really struggling not to share it with you now, so I shall give you a little hint: it's going to be something you can participate in. I hope you will!

Now, have a lovely week won't you!

Sarah x

Subscribe to receive posts via email and never miss out again

12 comments

  1. Your photos are always so gorgeous! I think spinning each day is an achievement in itself and I am sure by the end of the 100 days, you will be able to look back and see how much progress you have made! Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fingers are crossed for rain soon as our water tanks are getting rather low. You take such beautiful photographs Sarah :) I think it's time to buy a lens for my 700D. Looking forward to the reveal of your bloggy plans! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kellie! Oh, I hope you get some rain sooner rather than later! xx

      Delete
  3. I always look forward to reading your blog. Your photos are beautiful I do love your flowers. It has been very hot here the last couple of days, but at least the nights are cooler! I'm interested to hear about your reveal at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah. Beautiful photos and flowers from your place as always. Have fun with the new camera, changing technology can be stressful, I agree. I hope you get some rain soon, we need it too! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! Australia always seems to be in need of rain.
      I left a comment on your new blog too, but I don't think it came through (Wordpress doesn't ever seem to like me!), so I just wanted to let you know that it's absolutely gorgeous, I love your new space x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos as always! We didn't have a gradual transition here, one day we had the fire going and the next day we had all the windows open! I think its going to be a wild ride of a summer again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've my fingers crossed for a mild, wet summer, but even if that happened it still gets very hot! x

      Delete
  6. The weather has been so odd in Perth this Spring! We've been having nearly 30C days followed by rain and storms the next week... Can't wait for a little continuous sunshine! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, that sounds more like summer than spring! We've had the opposite here, it's been oddly cool off and on!

      Delete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall