Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I'm Opening a Yarn Shop



Do you remember that secret pink yarn that I shared a little while ago? I said on Instagram that it was probably the smallest, but most exciting, order of yarn I had received in the post.
The reason for this is, that I am going to be opening an online yarn shop!! I really cannot quite believe that I have just typed those words.

I'll be adding the section to my already existing shop, and so very soon alongside my knitting patterns you'll also find delicious yarn too. It's something I've wanted to do for quite a long time, and I had it on my mental "one day I'll do that list". For some reason, at the very end of 2016, I decided to pull that dream off the one day list and put it onto the "this year" list. I began plotting, planning and researching. And here we are. Nearly at opening day.


I didn't want to just stock any yarn in my shop. I wanted to stock a yarn of excellent quality, one that was divine to knit with and had you reaching for your needles at the very sight of it. And above all I wanted to find an Australian yarn, and really hoped to find something organic. And I have!

I can't wait for you to meet the delicious organic yarn that will be the first member of my new venture. It's really, really lovely to work with. And being organic just makes you feel good about it - and it also means that it is of course very high quality, because (as I know from personal experience), organically farmed animals have to be kept in very high health, as the farmers don't have the arsenal of chemicals and drugs to fall back on to prop their livestock up with.

What do those healthy, organic woolly sheep mean for us yarn lovers? A superior end product.

I've been knitting with my pink yarn practically from the moment it arrived and I can't get enough of it. Such a delight to knit with. I've created a pattern using the yarn too, which I will be publishing shortly. I've also got plans for knitting a sweet woolen Tea Mouse from the yarn, and then there's the cardigan I plan to knit this winter, and the beanie I want to design....all this woolly goodness is almost too exciting! I can't wait to share with you the yarn I love.

My yarn sample cards are ready and waiting, as I thought some of you may like to see the colours in person before ordering, and pat the delicious yarn yourself. Aside from that, a colour card of yarn is such a pretty thing to have and makes colour-work project planning easier.

So, if you're wondering what I'm up to at the moment you now know that I'm here, not so patiently awaiting my first shipment of wool for my very own shop.


PS If you would like to pre-order a yarn sample card, just go here. They are $5 for a sample of 5 colours, with free shipping Aus wide. Pre-ordered samples will be shipped as soon as my stock arrives x

Subscribe to receive posts via email and never miss out again

21 comments

  1. That's amazing news! So happy for you and can't wait to see that yarn ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, joy! I can't wait for your shop to open, Sarah. I always have room for more yarn in my learning-to-knit life! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Meg! I can hardly wait either x

      Delete
  3. That's awesome news Sarah :) I'm sure the yarn you source will be just beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great addition to your shop Sarah, it will be brilliant to be able to purchase your unique patterns with the yarns you recommend directly. I had a look in the shop, but couldn't see the yarn sample card listed, how should we go about placing a preorder? I have an idea/guess about the new pink wool, fingers crossed I am right - it will be brilliant!! best wishes, Amanda R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Amanda! I've just replied to your email x

      Delete
  5. Sorry Sarah, I didn't read your highlighted pre-order instructions, I will send you an email, thanks Amanda R

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting, Sarah! Wishing you every success and can't wait to see your range. Will there be sock yarn too??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meredithe! I do plan to stock some sock yarn, and I've actually got a pair of socks on my needles right now using the organic yarn that's coming. It's knitting up a dream :-)

      Delete
  7. That is such exciting news, always nerve racking to introduce something new, but I'm sure it will do well!! Always encourage #supportlocalartisans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I'm about 50/50 nervous and excitement I think! x

      Delete
  8. Wonderful! Love your posts and it'll be fun to see what will be coming up next - especially a shop (wish it was in the USA)and congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Susan! I can ship internationally ;-)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations and best of luck for you and your little yarn shop! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Sarah! I could almost feel the yarn as you were describing it. Can't wait to see it. Best of luck on this new venture!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall