Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tea Mouse Turns Two


Tea Mouse turns two this week! I can't quite believe it's been two years since I hit publish on her pattern  - the very first one I had ever made. I've grown a lot as a knitter since then, and Tea Mouse has made herself at home on the needles of many other knitters. I've also of course published more patterns, but Tea Mouse remains my favourite, perhaps because she is my first.







To celebrate Tea Mouse's special milestone, I've decided to bring back the Knitting Kits. Those cute mice pictured above can be purchased in my shop in kit form so that you can make one of your very own! There is Woodland MouseChocolate Cherry Mouse and Flower Sugar Mouse to choose from. Chocolate Cherry mouse is very limited edition.

Each kit comes with Organic Cotton yarn, coordinating fabric, black bamboo for the face and a professionally printed A4 copy of Tea Mouse. Learn more about them here.

And if you're a non-knitter, there are two ready made Tea Mice available in my shop right now. They will be the only ones listed and you'll find them here.

Tea Mouse requested a little bit of a pattern revamp for her second birthday, and with such a sweet face how could I resist? So, she's had an update to her pattern that makes her, I think, even more perfect. The base is now knitted as part of the body, rather than having to attach it at the end. This makes construction easier for those with less experience making toys, but the changes haven't affected the ease of the pattern. She's still worked flat on a pair of straight needles and wonderfully suitable as a first knitting pattern for a beginner.

I'm so thankful for all of the Tea Mouse patterns that have been bought over the last two years. When I hit publish on that pattern I had no idea it would lead to more patterns, or that she would be so well received. So thank-you!

Happy knitting,

Sarah x

Subscribe to receive posts via email and never miss out again

8 comments

  1. Tea Mouse is one of my favourites :) her little upturned face is just adorable. Well done on creating so many beautiful forest friends. I'm looking forward to meeting new forest friends in the future xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Kellie! There is a new forest friend in the works for Autumn, I'm just waiting on supplies :-D

      Delete
  2. I can just see the Tea Mouse also making the most perfect door stopper if she was a little bigger :) The way she looks up at you is simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wouldn't she make an adorable door stopper!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sarah, thank you for designing a toy that beginners can make, I have been working on scarves and woolly headbands, but tea mouse will be so lovely, best wishes with your designing from aj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome aj, thank YOU for your lovely comment. Happy knitting! x

      Delete
  4. They are so cute Sarah, and beautifully captured also.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall