Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Spring Knitting Project





It's Spring and it's time to put away the winter yarns and bring out your summer cottons and bamboos. Whilst I had high hopes of finishing my Clara Bow Sweater this winter, it just didn't happen. I look forward to returning to it next year, when I know I definitely will finish it. (I've only one and a bit sleeves to go). I'm actually enjoying starting a new project, and love working with different fibers. 

The project I'm working on at the moment is an individual square blanket. I was inspired to make this some time ago when Kate started her blanket. I was gifted the same book, 201 Knitting Motifs, Blocks and Ideas, a little while ago. I intend to knit my way through the first section of the book, which is filled with all different textured and designed squares for you to either make as they are, or incorporate into another project. 

This project is a fantastic stash-buster, the fair isle designs in particular being useful for using up little oddments. Each time I complete a square I flick through the book and decide which one to make next. Some patterns I really love so I stop and make several of before moving onto the next square. I most likely won't make every square in the book, as some don't suit my project, but I intend to make most of them. 

I'm really looking forward to the finished item. I think all the different colours and textures mixed together is going to make for a really interesting and bright blanket.


Are you changing projects with the seasons? 
If you'd like to make a blanket like me (it's a perfect project for beginners through to advanced knitters), you'll find the book filled with interesting squares here, and make sure you stop by next week when I'll share 3 Quick Knitting Tips.

I hope you've had a lovely weekend
Sarah x

Details:
I'm using this Organic Cotton & a discontinued Bamboo Cotton Blend
Mug from Click & Blossom

2 comments

  1. Sarah your spring blanket is very pretty. I look forward to when you show it complete. Enjoy creating!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall