Saturday, September 13, 2014

Here & Now






Loving...all the beautiful flowers around at the moment and all the honey bees they are attracting. And the beautiful, peaceful sunrises of Spring.
Eating...strawberries, sometimes plain and sometimes with cream
Drinking...a delicious new tea blend from a local tea stall called Stockholm. Among it's delicious ingredients are apricot, rose and orange.
Wearing...this sweet necklace from Strangely Yours. It was a gift from my sister, she had the name Chantille Clicks engraved on it, the name I use for my photography online. The top comes off and is capable of storing a memory card, and the "focal ring" spins on it too. I absolutely love it! 
Feeling...happy
Wanting...Spud to grow up a little faster...the puppy 'teenage' stage is not something I missed.
Thinking...about how we can continue to grow salad greens through the heat of summer when it comes.
Dreaming...of summer picnics and swims 


............................

Finally I have not written 'dreaming of sheep!' or something like it. Because they are coming. Sooner than we'll be ready for them, I do believe. Of course we'll have food, shelter and fencing for them. I've read books and I'll have Spud to help me manage and handle them.
When it comes down to it, I don't think anyone is ever truly ready for anything, but we're as ready as we need to be.

Spring is such a beautiful time of year! I've been trying to squeeze in some practice with the Macro lens whilst there are so many bees and flowers around at the moment. I haven't much practice with it, but I am pretty happy with the bee photos above. I will say one thing about macro photography - I didn't realise there was even a breeze outside until I was looking through the viewfinder trying to focus on a tiny, speedy bee!



I hope you're weekend is lovely,

Sarah x


11 comments

  1. YAY for your 300th post! What an accomplishment! And those photos of the bees enjoying your blooms are spectacular! As is that awesome necklace from your sister! I am looking forward to those sheep! Wishing you all good things this weekend Sarah! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to those sheep coming too! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I hope you have a beautiful weekend! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely lovely lovely! 300 posts is a great milestone. Lovely to hear about your spring as we move towards autumn. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love hearing about the coldness of winter on other blogs when we're in the heat of summer here, it's nice to virtually escape the heat for a little while! x

      Delete
  3. Love your photos and that macro lens. Aren't they brilliant! Our spring is still very unsettled ..waiting for some nice weather. Love the necklace. Congrats on post 300. I so enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie, I'm so glad to hear you enjoy stopping by! :-) I love my macro lens, I don't use it very often but when I do want it, it is the only lens that suits. Hope the weather is lovely for you this weekend x

      Delete
  4. Yay to this being your 300th post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 300.. wohoo! well done to you my dear! I am LOVING your necklace and I can't wait to see all the shots you'll take this summer with your new farm additions... especially seeing as autumn is coming fast here. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the necklace! Very cute. Oh Frankie was a terror during those puppy "teenage years" so I don't envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on hitting 300 posts ... I do hope you'll be back soon with a 301st!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures of the bees feeding on the flowers are great. I have so many bees in my garden right now. There are several different kinds, including some gigantic bumble bees! Your post is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please don't be shy - leave a comment, answer a question or tell your own story! I love the conversation and community - it's what blogging is all about x

You don't need an account to comment, simply use the Anonymous option or Name/URL

© Say Little Hen
Maira Gall